What better way to get into the spirit of fall than with with a cake that looks like a pumpkin? There’s nothing better than the welcoming aromas of spice cake baking on a brisk autumn day. Our pumpkin spice cake is filled with buttercream icing and topped with a fondant stem and leaves. Poured icing gives it the final touch.
Use our Pumpkin Cake Pan.
– 3 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
– 3/4 teaspoon salt
– 1 cup sour cream
– 1/2 cup molasses
– 1/4 cup maple syrup
– 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter, softened
– 3/4 cup granulated sugar
– 4 eggs
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour pan or spray with vegetable pan spray with flour.
2. In medium bowl, combine flour, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt; set aside. In small bowl, mix together sour cream, molasses and syrup; set aside.
3. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, and maple extract, mixing well after each. On low speed, add flour mixture alternately with molasses mixture, starting and ending with dry. Blend well. Divide cake mixture evenly between each cavity.
4. Bake 45-48 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean. Cool cake in pan on cooling grid 15 minutes. Remove from pan; cool completely.
5. Trim crowns from each cake. Place bottom cake on serving plate. Spread a thin layer of buttercream icing on cake bottom then place pumpkin top over to form a pumpkin. Tint remaining icing green and orange, decorate as desired.
Recipe from Wilton.com.
More Autumn Cakes ahead!
Fall just got a lot more exciting, especially if you’ve already received your new 52 page Fancy Flours Fall 2014 catalog. If you haven’t yet, no worries, we got you covered. The digital catalog is now available to browse & shop! It is full of great Fall & Halloween baking supplies, bakeware, kitchen accessories, party ware, party decorations, and tons of fun ideas Fall entertaining! Get your must-have Halloween items now before they sell out!
read more >>
Mmm cinnamon buns are among everyone’s favorite ooey gooey treats and these cute cookies look exactly like tiny frosted cinnamon buns! These cookies are very simple to make and look delicious with very little effort! We used our NEW Pure Cinnamon and Vanilla Extracts to flavor these cookies.
read more >>
Check out our NEW favorite book! Pure Vanilla celebrates its unique taste with a stunning array of recipes, from cakes and cookies to custards and creams. Indulge in Glazed Vanilla Bean Doughnuts, Vanilla Cloud Cake, and Vanilla Bean Meringue Kisses and Sea Salt Caramels. With a complete history of vanilla from orchid to extract, Pure Vanilla provides the origins and tasting notes of all of today’s varieties – plus 80 recipes and dozens of photographs. Doesn’t it make you hungry?!?