Halloween is only 4 days away! So we thought we would share a few spooktacular Halloween sugar cookie designs to get you inspired for this freaky fun holiday!
You can never go wrong with the ever so popular Halloween sugar cookie. They are easy to make, always taste delicious, and of course a blast to decorate! You can use any Halloween cookie cutter with our No Fail Sugar Cookie Recipe and make them your own! Here are some Halloween sugar cookie designs to inspire you!
See our Candy Corn Recipe for the how to instructions for these cute cookies!
No Fail Halloween Sugar Cookies
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
– 3 teaspoons baking powder
– 1 teaspoon salt
– 2 cups unsalted and softened butter
– 2 cups granulated sugar
– 2 large eggs
– 2 teaspoons vanilla extract * All ingredients need to be at room temperature.
1. Cream sugar and butter until fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs and vanilla. Mix dry ingredients in separate bowl and add to butter mixture. Mix well.
2. Put a handful of the freshly made dough between two sheets of parchment paper and roll to desired thickness. Repeat with the rest of the dough. Put the rolled dough, including the parchment paper, on a cookie sheet and refrigerate for 10 minutes or longer. Your dough will be chilled and ready to cut and bake with no wait and no added flour! Repeat with scraps after cutting cookies.
3. Bake at 350 degrees for 8 -10 minutes. Let cool.
Decorate your Halloween cookies with Royal Icing, sanding sugars, sprinkles, and Halloween Icing Decorations.
See our Royal Icing Recipe page for tips on how to decorate using Royal Icing.