Photo & recipe thanks to Lucks.com!
You will need:
- Royal Icing Monkey Decorations
- Round Cookie Cutter or Banana Cutter
- No Fail Sugar Cookie Recipe
- Royal Icing Mix
- Squeeze Bottles or pastry bags w/tips
- Black Food Coloring
- Brown Food Coloring
- Yellow Food Coloring
1. Make your favorite cut-out cookie recipe and cut banana shapes using a set of round cutters: cut a 3″ circle, then cut away a portion of the cookie using a slightly smaller round cutter. Alternately, you may use a banana or moon cookie cutter.
2. These cookies are iced using the flow icing method; to make icing for this method, make a batch of royal icing and set aside 1/3 of the regular recipe. Take the remaining 2/3 and thin it down with warm water. To test for correct consistency, drop thinned royal icing from your spatula into the royal icing in the bowl. If the drop disappears by the count of 10, the royal icing has reached correct consistency.
3. Use Black Food Color to color half of the regular icing and Brown Food Color to color the other half; and use Yellow Food Color to color the thinned icing.
4. Use a squeeze bottle or tipped pastry bag to pipe outlines using the black royal icing, then fill in with the yellow icing. Let dry.
5. After your icing has hardened, use the brown icing to pipe tails and arms as shown.
6. Finish with Monkey Royal Icing Decorations for an entertaining party complement!
Decorating idea by Charra Jarosz