It’s hard to believe July 4th is only a couple weeks away! We are gearing up for this red, white and blue filled holiday and celebrating our country with some great baking and decorating ideas. Make Patriotic Stars Sandwich Cookies for your 4th of July celebration, a perfect complement to any patriotic holiday BBQ or table! They are super easy, yet they make quite the statement!
1. Prepare your favorite cookies using a star-shaped cutter, or use pre-made. Let cool if applicable.
2. Mix/prepare the red and blue fondant.
3. When cookies have cooled, ice half of the cookies with dipping or sheet fondant, or royal icing. TIP: if using sheet fondant to cover the cookies, use the same cookie cutter you used to cut the dough.
4. Attach one Large Patriotic Stars Dec-Ons® decoration to the top of each iced cookie with a dab of icing.
5. Place the uniced half of the cookies face down. Fill with your choice of icing, and then place an iced cookie on top of each.
Want more ideas for using a star cookie cutter? Click Here for 20+ Ways to Use a Star Cookie Cutter