Today’s Halloween treats are easy Halloween Rice Krispie Treat Pops! What better way to celebrate Halloween than with delicious Rice Krispie Treats transformed into fun fall spooks! These treats are super easy and fun to do as a Halloween baking project with the kids!
You will need:
– Confectionary Coatings (melting chocolate)
– Rice Krispie Treats, use your favorite recipe or buy pre-made
– Sugar Eye Decorations
– Popsicle Sticks or striped straws
– Decorating Squeeze Bottles
1. Whip up a batch of Rice Krispie Treats. The recipe is on the back of the box of Rice Krispies. Or you can find the original recipe for Rice Krispie Treats on Rice Krispies.com. and cut into rectangles (3″ x 4″); alternately, you may use pre-made treats.
2. Before completely cooled, add the popsicle sticks or straws into the bottom of each rectangle.
3. Wait for the Rice Krispies to completely cool. Place coarsely chopped chocolate or candy wafer into a microwave safe bowl. Microwave at 50% power for 1 minute, then stir well. Continue to microwave for 15 to 30 second intervals, stirring well after each interval, until smooth. Do not overheat!!!
Double Boiler: Place coarsely chopped chocolate or candy wafers in the double boiler over hot, not boiling, water. Stir until smooth.
4. Holding the end of the stick, carefully dip the treat into the bowl of melted chocolate. Let dry.
5. Fill your decorating squeeze bottles with black melted chocolate and pipe on the facial features. Press the candy eyes on before it dries and you are done!
The great thing about these easy Halloween treats is that there are so many different ways to make them! Check out all the Halloween Rice Krispie Treat inspiration we found for you!
Frankenstein Rice Krispie Treats from whipperberry.com!
Candy Corn Krispie Treats from glorioustreats.com!
Rice Krispie Halloween Ghosts from theidearoom.net!
Peeps Rice Krispie Treat Pops from lovefromtheoven.com!