Add an extra punch of flavor and style to your holiday cupcakes with Champagne Extract! These champagne cupcakes are the perfect addition to your holiday parties! This amazing extract adds the elegant flavor of champagne to your baked goods, confectionery products, beverages and ice creams. Very concentrated in flavor, just one teaspoon of this champagne extract will flavor your typical cake or cookie recipe. Try replacing vanilla extract with champagne for a slightly more adult taste in cakes and icings.
Our new friend Jeanne Benedict, who is the host / chef / designer of the TV theme party show, Weekend Entertaining, on the DIY network, created a super cute Mad For Plaid Holiday Party Theme using our Plaid Wafer Paper! She has some fun and delicious holiday recipe ideas that we would love to share with you!
Her Mad For Plaid Party Theme was inspired by RumChata liqueur, a delicious blend of real Wisconsin dairy cream, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla perfectly balanced with five times distilled Caribbean rum.
RumChata Gingerbread Martini – recipe from Jeanne Benedict
- 3 parts RumChata
- 1 part Torani gingerbread syrup (or substitute Hiram Walker Gingerbread Liqueur)
- 2 parts vanilla rum
Shake with ice and strain into a martini glass. Garnish with gingerbread cookie crumbles.
To play out the theme on the drink, she applied our Plaid Edible Wafer Paper to a gingerbread man cookie and used melted chocolate to stick him to the rim – how clever!
To create the forest centerpiece, she used birch logs and inserted Minty Marbled Christmas Tree Marshmallow Lollipops! Use this homemade marshmallow recipe and substitute fresh mint for the rosemary and swirl green food coloring on top of the marshmallow mixture after you pour it into the pan.
Are these not the cutest holiday treats you have ever seen? She used red candy melt chocolates to make the Santa hat and topped it with a marshmallow rolled in coconut, water, and powdered sugar. The hat’s trim is white fondant. How fun!
More treats from her party include…
…cute white chocolate mousse cups with peppermint brickle on top and…
…gingerbread cupcakes wrapped and topped with more of our Plaid Wafer Paper.
Photos, recipes and ideas in this post are thanks to Jeanne Benedict!
Our top Holiday gifts under $25! Here are some fun ideas to add a little holiday cheer under the tree without a hefty price tag! Keep in mind this is just a handful of fun gift ideas, there are plenty more at FancyFlours.com!
1. Cupcake Memo Pad 2. Chocolate Mint Penguins & Peanut Butter Chocolate Mittens
3. Porcelain Pie Birds 4. Chocolate Nutcrackers 5. Hot Chocolate On A Spoon 6. Buffalo Dog Biscuit Mix 7. Fun Kitchen Timers 8. Adjustable Rolling Pin
The traditional Matryoshka Nesting Dolls are dressed up for the holidays with our NEW Merry Matryoshka Nesting Dolls Wafer Paper! The holiday wafer paper doll set includes 4 different holiday dolls in the likeness of Santa, the nutcracker and a snowman. Each different image comes in 3 doll sizes: 4.25″ H, 3.25″ H and 2.25″ H. 24 total images are included in this package, enough to make 2 sets of each unique image. Find out how to make these unique holiday cookies below!
You will need:
- Merry Matryoshka Nesting Dolls Wafer Paper
- Matryoshka Nesting Dolls Cookie Cutter Set
- No Fail Sugar Cookie Recipe
- 1 bag royal icing
- Squeeze Bottles
- Edible Clear Writing Gel
- Wax or parchment paper
- Small craft scissors
1. Carefully cut out each wafer paper shape using craft scissors. Wafer paper is fragile! Set aside.
2. Use No Fail Sugar Cookie recipe and cut out several Matryoshka Doll cookie shapes. Bake and cool as directed.
3. Prepare royal icing, following directions on bag. Your consistency should be that of heavy cream. Fill squeeze bottles with icing..
4. Ice each cookie with 1 layer of white royal icing. Let completely dry.
5. Adhere each wafer paper cut-out to a cookie shape by smoothing on a thin layer of edible clear writing gel with your finger to the top of the iced cookies.
6. Flip each cookie face down on a piece of wax paper to dry for about 30 minutes (this will keep the wafer paper shape flat).
7. Flip cookies over after 30 minutes and store in an airtight container.
A must have cookie cutter for your Holiday baking extravaganza is our Large Round Ornament Cookie Cutter! This cookie cutter makes a delightful addition to your cutter collection because it lends itself to so many differently decorated ornament cookies. You won’t ever get bored of this handy dandy holiday cutter!
For a cheery & bright holiday treat try our super cute Holiday Ornaments Wafer Paper! Vibrant contemporary edible graphics make this set of 12 ornaments a standout! Designed to fit our large round ornament cookie cutter HERE.
Here is a super cute way to decorate your ornament cookies with Royal Icing Decorations! We suggest using our Winter Icing Set that includes a penguin, polar bear and snowman! And our 4 oz jar of White Nonpareils for the snow! For more holiday Royal Icing Decorations click HERE.
Make a beautiful holiday cookie gift with this set of 3 Forever Green Ornament Cookie Stencils. Set includes pine branches & holly, pinecone and poinsettia. This stencil set fits our Large Round Ornament Cookie Cutter which is the perfect size for using these stencils, HERE.