When life gives you lemons, make lemon cookies! Enjoy a sweet and tart bite with these bright and sunny Citrus Cookies. Carefully crafted by the baking blogger behind the popular site ‘Sweetopia,’ these stunning sweets are the perfect summertime party favor. Tutorial & beautiful images thanks to Sweetopia! Check out Sweetopia for more great tutorials and decorating ideas!
Thank you for participating in our Spring Pin & Win Contest! We hope that you enjoyed it and found some great Spring inspiration.
- 1st place - $100 Fancy Flours gift certificate – Goes to Jacqueline Griffin!
Check out her lovely Spring/Easter themed board HERE.
- 2nd place - $50 Fancy Flours gift certificate – Goes to Bea Witched!
Check out her fun Spring Bee themed board HERE.
- 3rd place - $25 Fancy Flours gift certificate – Goes to Lisbeth Krause!
Check out her lovely mix of modern and vintage Spring pins HERE.
*Boards were judged on originality, creativity, product variety and adherence to the guidelines.
Here is a sneak peek at our Spring 2013 catalog. *NOTE: Not all of the items are in stock just yet, but will be soon. If you see something in the catalog you like that is currently out of stock, you can opt to be notified by email when it becomes available. Printed catalogs will be in homes around Feb. 25th! This catalog features over 100 new products to help you with your Spring celebrations. Including products for Easter, Mother’s Day, Spring Parties, Derby Day, Birthdays and much much more!
- 12 oz chopped white chocolate (use Lindt bars)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (use Squirrel Brand)
- 3 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/3 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
1. Lightly grease an 8-by-8-inch square baking pan. Alternatively, line with lightly greased parchment paper. This recipe can easily be doubled to fit a 13-by-9-inch baking pan.
2. In microwave-safe bowl, melt the white chocolate bars (broken up) in the microwave on medium powder for 30 seconds. Stir and heat for an additional 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until the chocolate is melted.
3. Add the peanut butter to the melted chocolate and stir until smooth.
4. Place the rice cereal in a large bowl. Pour over melted chocolate mixture and gently toss until completely coated. Continue to stir until the mixture is no longer warm to the touch, about 10 minutes.
5. When the cereal mixture has cooled, fold in the marshmallows and 1/3 cup of the mini chips.
6. Spread into prepared pan, compressing lightly with the back of your spoon. Don’t press too hard or you’ll crush the cereal. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips and a handful of marshmallows and press lightly to adhere.
7. Refrigerate until set, at least 30 minutes, then cut into 2-inch squares and serve. Bars will keep, covered in the refrigerator, for up to 5 days.
Julia Usher’s new beautiful book Ultimate Cookies was extremely popular over the holidays, but it’s not only for holiday baking. She has plenty of fun stuff for Spring & Summer baking as well! I couldn’t seem to pick a favorite project because they are all so amazing, so instead I am going to show you several that I thought would make fun Summer projects! Remember you must purchase the book Ultimate Cookies to get the instructions & how-to’s for these wonderful cookie creations. BUY NOW
These sail boat cookies are just too cute! They would be great treats for a Nautical Summer party! Thinking of throwing a Nautical party? Check out our fun Nautical themed baking items to make your party complete! Shop Nautical Now
These butterfly cookies are sure to make your heart flutter! So colorful and fun, they would make great treats for a Garden Party!
One can never be too old for ice cream! Don’t these adorable cookies just make you want to throw an Ice Cream Social Party?!
These Peacock cookies are so gorgeous! How do you do it Julia? To make this project a little bit easier for you we have actually created a Peacock Cutter Set & a Peacock Project Kit! The cool thing about the Peacock Cutter Set is that in the fall you can use them to make Turkey’s!
Remember: You need to purchase Julia’s book Ultimate Cookies to make these projects! This is a great book that you will turn to over and over again. It has projects for every season & holiday so it never gets old. BUY NOW
We also offer a variety of other cookie project kits & cutter sets to go along with the book. Check them out in our Julia Usher’s Ultimate Cookies Department.
Celebrate Mother’s Day with great gifts, fancy treats, and scrumptious recipes from Fancy Flours! We have everything you need to make Mom feel special on “her” day! Here is a mix & match of fun Mother’s Day gifts & treat ideas to get you started! Mother’s Day is just around the corner, May 13th!
1. Monogram Dish Towel & Mug Set – ON SALE! 50% off 2. Teacup & Saucer Cupcake Stand 3. Woven Jacquard Flower Ribbon 4. Vintage Flower Seed Packet Cookies 5. Vintage Perfume Bottle Label Wafer Paper & Perfume Bottle Cookie Cutters 6. Vintage Mother’s Day Stamp Wafer Paper 7. Garden Cupcake Wrappers & Mini Watering Cans 8. Spring Garden Shortbread Cookies by Queen City Bakery 9. Lace Doily Glass Plates