We think these quick and easy cherry cookies that are loaded with chocolate chips would make a great treat for your sweetheart! While you may not be fond of using boxed mixes, you will love the convenience and cake batter taste of these cookies.
Looking for some Valentine Cake Ideas? If so, look no further! We have found some great Valentine cakes for beginners and experts alike! Satisfy your sweetheart’s sweet tooth this Valentine’s Day, with these fun cakes the whole family will love.
Oh my, this cake is so refreshing and delicious! Celebrate Summer’s arrival with fresh strawberry cake topped with strawberry cream cheese frosting. Pureed fresh berries and strawberry extract combine for a lively flavor that is not in the least artificial. Quick, easy, delicious and made from just a few simple ingredients, this strawberry cake recipe is a keeper! Made with our NEW versatile Pure Strawberry Extract. Yum!
Match clever sayings with adorable Woodland Animals Sugar decorations for an easy and unique Valentine treat!
Make heart cookie pops extra special with colored cookie dough! You can wrap them for Valentine’s Day gifts, just slip a cellophane bag over the cookie and tie with a ribbon! *DECORATING IDEA – Pipe cute and sassy Valentine sayings on the baked cookies to turn them into fun conversation hearts!
You Will Need:
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp. light corn syrup
- 1 tbsp. vanilla extract
- Food coloring of choice
- Heart Shaped Cookie Cutter
- 4mm Silver Dragees, optional
- Cookie Pop Sticks
- Parchment Paper
Instructions for Colored Dough:
1. In a medium-size bowl, mix the flour and salt. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar, stir in the egg, then the corn syrup and vanilla extract. One third at a time, add the flour mixture until thoroughly mixed.
2. Divide the dough into portions and use a toothpick to add food coloring to each one. Knead until the color is evenly distributed. For a flavor surprise, omit the vanilla extract and add 1 teaspoon of lemon extract to the yellow dough, mint extract to the green dough, and strawberry extract to the red dough.
3. Pat the dough into two disks, wrap in plastic, and refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours, or until firm enough to roll. If it is too firm, soften at room temperature for 5 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Roll one disk of dough between two pieces of parchment paper to 1/4 inch thick. Remove the top sheet and cut out the cookies with heart shaped cookie cutters.
5. Using a metal spatula, transfer the shapes to baking sheets, about 1 inch apart. Lift up the pointy edge of each heart shape and gently place a cookie stick underneath. Press on top of the cookie slightly to ensure the stick is in place.
6. Press a silver dragee into the corner of each cookie before baking (optional)
7. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cookies start to brown lightly around the edges. Remove the baking sheet to a wire rack and cool for 5 minutes.
WHAT YOU NEED:
1. Bake cupcakes according to instructions in solid yellow muffin cups. Let cool.
2. While cupcakes are cooling, prepare the frosting. Dye frosting if desired.
3. Carefully pipe/spread frosting onto each cupcake using a decorating bag with star tip or a spatula.
4. Before icing sets, carefully sprinkle each cupcake with Lip Quins.
5. Affix Bee Mine Picks to cupcakes by gently pushing into frosting.
6. Arrange on cake plate and serve. Store in an airtight container.