Culinary lavender has been known since Roman times for its healing and soothing qualities. Used for years in European cooking, Americans are now discovering lavender’s wonderful taste profile, it has the intriguing appeal of a good wine’s bouquet. Lavender enhances dishes from desserts to cocktails with savory dishes in between.
Oh my, this cake is so refreshing and delicious! Celebrate Summer’s arrival with fresh strawberry cake topped with strawberry cream cheese frosting. Pureed fresh berries and strawberry extract combine for a lively flavor that is not in the least artificial. Quick, easy, delicious and made from just a few simple ingredients, this strawberry cake recipe is a keeper! Made with our NEW versatile Pure Strawberry Extract. Yum!
We have a favorite new website called Craftsy, which is full of great project ideas and online cake decorating classes. The Craftsy blog is also full of fun and informative cake decorating tutorials for the creative baker in you!
Start your love story at Fancy Flours and shop our extensive collection of Bridal Shower & Wedding Items!
Here are a few hand picked items to get you started!
1. Vintage Jeweled Cake Stand Trio 2. Flowers for Tiffany Cupcake Wrappers 3. Oreo Wedding Cake Mold 4. Diamond Ring Cupcake Picks 5. Sweet Cupcake Stands 6. Glass Cupcake Stand & Cloche 7. Wedding Cupcake Liners – Mini 8. Wedding Icon Cupcake Picks
Don’t forget to check out our lovely & unique collection of Vintage Wedding Cake Toppers, view them HERE.
You Will Need:
- All Hues Butterflies Wafer Paper Set
- Edible Clear Writing Gel
- Small craft scissors
- Your favorite cake recipe
- Your favorite frosting recipe
- Decorating Tip Set
- Pastry Bag
- Offset Icing Spatula
- Tiered Cake Pans 6″, 9″ and 12″ will work great
- 3-5 empty egg cartons
1. Bake and cool cakes as directed. Frost cakes using offset spatula and pastry bag, if needed. Set cakes aside.
2. Carefully cut out wafer paper butterflies using craft scissors. Wafer paper is very fragile!
3. Spread a thin layer of edible clear gel onto each butterfly and carefully fold slightly in the middle. Let dry in egg carton, so wings will dry sticking up. Repeat with all butterfly shapes, or as many as you want for your cake.
4. Stack cake using cake boards or other cake stands.
5. Carefully affix butterflies to frosted cake with a dab of edible clear gel. Hold in place for a minute to ensure butterfly sticks to cake. Press into icing slightly, if necessary.
Make matching cookies also! Click HERE to get the how-to for the pretty butterfly cookies.