– 12 oz chopped white chocolate (use Lindt bars)
– 1 cup creamy peanut butter (use Squirrel Brand)
– 3 cups crisp rice cereal
– 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
– 1/3 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
1. Lightly grease an 8-by-8-inch square baking pan. Alternatively, line with lightly greased parchment paper. This recipe can easily be doubled to fit a 13-by-9-inch baking pan.
2. In microwave-safe bowl, melt the white chocolate bars (broken up) in the microwave on medium powder for 30 seconds. Stir and heat for an additional 1 to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until the chocolate is melted.
3. Add the peanut butter to the melted chocolate and stir until smooth.
4. Place the rice cereal in a large bowl. Pour over melted chocolate mixture and gently toss until completely coated. Continue to stir until the mixture is no longer warm to the touch, about 10 minutes.
5. When the cereal mixture has cooled, fold in the marshmallows and 1/3 cup of the mini chips.
6. Spread into prepared pan, compressing lightly with the back of your spoon. Don’t press too hard or you’ll crush the cereal. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips and a handful of marshmallows and press lightly to adhere.
7. Refrigerate until set, at least 30 minutes, then cut into 2-inch squares and serve. Bars will keep, covered in the refrigerator, for up to 5 days.