Learn how to make these beautiful butterfly cookies with a step-by-step tutorial from SugarKissed.net! She created these easy summer beauties with our popular Butterfly Wafer Paper. Also enter for a chance to win 3 sets of wafer paper from Fancy Flours at the end of this tutorial!
You Will Need:
- All Hues Butterflies Wafer Paper Set
- Edible Clear Writing Gel
- Small craft scissors
- Your favorite cake recipe
- Your favorite frosting recipe
- Decorating Tip Set
- Pastry Bag
- Offset Icing Spatula
- Tiered Cake Pans 6″, 9″ and 12″ will work great
- 3-5 empty egg cartons
1. Bake and cool cakes as directed. Frost cakes using offset spatula and pastry bag, if needed. Set cakes aside.
2. Carefully cut out wafer paper butterflies using craft scissors. Wafer paper is very fragile!
3. Spread a thin layer of edible clear gel onto each butterfly and carefully fold slightly in the middle. Let dry in egg carton, so wings will dry sticking up. Repeat with all butterfly shapes, or as many as you want for your cake.
4. Stack cake using cake boards or other cake stands.
5. Carefully affix butterflies to frosted cake with a dab of edible clear gel. Hold in place for a minute to ensure butterfly sticks to cake. Press into icing slightly, if necessary.
Make matching cookies also! Click HERE to get the how-to for the pretty butterfly cookies.
Julia Usher’s new beautiful book Ultimate Cookies was extremely popular over the holidays, but it’s not only for holiday baking. She has plenty of fun stuff for Spring & Summer baking as well! I couldn’t seem to pick a favorite project because they are all so amazing, so instead I am going to show you several that I thought would make fun Summer projects! Remember you must purchase the book Ultimate Cookies to get the instructions & how-to’s for these wonderful cookie creations. BUY NOW
These sail boat cookies are just too cute! They would be great treats for a Nautical Summer party! Thinking of throwing a Nautical party? Check out our fun Nautical themed baking items to make your party complete! Shop Nautical Now
These butterfly cookies are sure to make your heart flutter! So colorful and fun, they would make great treats for a Garden Party!
One can never be too old for ice cream! Don’t these adorable cookies just make you want to throw an Ice Cream Social Party?!
These Peacock cookies are so gorgeous! How do you do it Julia? To make this project a little bit easier for you we have actually created a Peacock Cutter Set & a Peacock Project Kit! The cool thing about the Peacock Cutter Set is that in the fall you can use them to make Turkey’s!
Remember: You need to purchase Julia’s book Ultimate Cookies to make these projects! This is a great book that you will turn to over and over again. It has projects for every season & holiday so it never gets old. BUY NOW
We also offer a variety of other cookie project kits & cutter sets to go along with the book. Check them out in our Julia Usher’s Ultimate Cookies Department.