The traditional Matryoshka Nesting Dolls are dressed up for the holidays with our NEW Merry Matryoshka Nesting Dolls Wafer Paper! The holiday wafer paper doll set includes 4 different holiday dolls in the likeness of Santa, the nutcracker and a snowman. Each different image comes in 3 doll sizes: 4.25″ H, 3.25″ H and 2.25″ H. 24 total images are included in this package, enough to make 2 sets of each unique image. Find out how to make these unique holiday cookies below!
You will need:
- Merry Matryoshka Nesting Dolls Wafer Paper
– Matryoshka Nesting Dolls Cookie Cutter Set
– No Fail Sugar Cookie Recipe
– 1 bag royal icing
– Squeeze Bottles
– Edible Clear Writing Gel
– Wax or parchment paper
– Small craft scissors
1. Carefully cut out each wafer paper shape using craft scissors. Wafer paper is fragile! Set aside.
2. Use No Fail Sugar Cookie recipe and cut out several Matryoshka Doll cookie shapes. Bake and cool as directed.
3. Prepare royal icing, following directions on bag. Your consistency should be that of heavy cream. Fill squeeze bottles with icing..
4. Ice each cookie with 1 layer of white royal icing. Let completely dry.
5. Adhere each wafer paper cut-out to a cookie shape by smoothing on a thin layer of edible clear writing gel with your finger to the top of the iced cookies.
6. Flip each cookie face down on a piece of wax paper to dry for about 30 minutes (this will keep the wafer paper shape flat).
7. Flip cookies over after 30 minutes and store in an airtight container.
Wonderful set of 9 non-stick pine cone cookie tins works perfectly with this gingerbread recipe. Sprinkle powdered sugar on the cookies and they look like snowy pine cones! Makes a cookie approximately 3.5″ long. Recipe also included in gift tied box.
– 1 cup sugar
– 3/4 cup butter
– 1 egg
– 1 teaspoon ground cloves
– 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon ground ginger
– 1/4 cup dark molasses
– 2 cups flour
– 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1. Cream sugar and butter. Add beaten egg and molasses, and mix thoroughly.
2. Sift dry ingredients together, and add in small amounts to the batter; mix until well blended.
3. Work dough into tins with fingers; the dough should be flush with the tops of the tins.
4. Bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven about 20 minutes.
5. THE TINS ARE ALSO PERFECT FOR MADELEINES.
Christmas is coming right up! So we thought we would share a few great Holiday cookie designs to get you inspired for this year’s holiday baking!
Beautifully decorated cookies make great gifts for anyone! They are easy to make, always taste delicious, and of course a blast to decorate! You can use any Holiday cookie cutter with our No Fail Sugar Cookie Recipe or our Chocolate Gingerbread Cookie Recipe and make them your own! Here are some Holiday cookie designs to inspire you!
Hammersong Cookie Cutters
Pastel Christmas Cookies
Retro Wafer Paper Cookies
Candy Cane Cookies
Check out our huge collection of Holiday Cookie Cutters to make holiday baking even more fun! And view our Holiday and Winter recipe sections for more baking inspiration!
Happy Holiday Baking from Fancy Flours! Be inspired!