Create a buzz with these delicious honeycomb stained glass cookies! We used our graduated set of 9 hexagon cookie cutters, sized .75″ – 4″, melted down some yellow hard candies and attached adorable sugar bee decorations!
You will need:
• Skull Cupcake Wrappers (SKU:7100-OP-BKS-1
• Skull & Crossbones Picks (SKU: 5700-DP-SKC-1)
• Black Sugar Pearls (SKU: 5300-SP-BK-1)
• Your favorite cupcake recipe (any flavor works great!)
• Your favorite frosting recipe (we love buttercream)
• Bake cupcakes according to instructions in regular muffin cups. Let cool.
• While cupcakes are cooling, prepare the frosting. You can add in food coloring of your choice for an extra effect.
• Using a small spatula, frost the top of the cupcake with the frosting.
• Affix Skull and Crossbones Picks to cupcakes by gently pushing into the frosting.
• Assemble cupcake wrappers by fitting the tabs together and securing with tape.
• Carefully put each cupcake in a wrapper and serve.
Did you know that Fancy Flours has over 200 muffin cup styles?! No matter the color, shape, size or theme, we’ve got you covered! Check out our new Muffin Cup Cheat Sheet that allows you to view our most popular muffin cups by color and style. Many mini and jumbo sizes are also available in several of the designs. View the document as a .pdf file and print from home to have on hand for your next celebration. To view our complete collection of muffin cups, please click HERE.
The new book available from Karen Tack and Alan Richardson is now available at fancyflours.com. We were thrilled with their last book, “Hello, Cupcake!” and are super excited for their new book, stuffed full of clever, unique and delicious recipes! We love the mums cupcakes (featured above), using Picket Fence Cupcake Wrappers, Colorful Muffin Cups and sanding sugars that can be found at fancyflours.com. We can’t think of a better way to start spring than with a batch of colorful cupcakes. Thanks to Karen and Alan for satisfying our sweet tooth with wonderful baking ideas and beautiful photographs!
Photo © 2010 Alan Richardson
Cupcake wrappers are “the” stylish, simple and chic way to dress up your cupcakes. We’ve added two new star cupcake wrappers to our line-up. In festive blue and red – just in time for summer! Add patriotic sprinkles, usa flag picks and festive sparkler toppers and you have yourself and a treat that says “USA!”
Celebrate the USA and give thanks on Memorial Day!