• Use No Fail Sugar Cookie recipe and cut out several crinkle square cookie shapes. Bake and cool as directed.
• Ice each cookie with 1 layer of royal icing or buttercream, if you prefer. Let completely dry.
• Carefully cut out wafer paper butterflies using craft scissors, making sure each one will fit on the cookie. Be careful, wafer paper is fragile!
• Spread a thin layer of edible clear gel onto the wafer paper butterfly and slightly fold in the center, so the wings are bent up. Place each butterfly in a section of the egg carton so that the wings will dry standing up.
• Add shimmer to the butterflies by dusting with a small amount of Gold Luster Dust or White Edible Glitter. Let butterflies completely dry in egg carton.
• Adhere butterflies to cookies by using a dab of edible clear gel on the underside of the body of the butterfly and attaching to cookie. Hold in place for a minute before drying on its own. Let dry completely.
• Add additional decorations, such as Black Sugar Pearls, to complete the cookie design.
• Let completely dry and store in an airtight container.
This cookie garden is in full bloom! Our stunning Vintage Seed Packet Wafer Paper is unique, beautiful and easy to use. A variety of floral designs cover the rectangular wafer paper shapes. The set comes with 12 shapes, each measuring 3″ X 4.5″. We like to use the 5″ X 3.25″ Rectangular Cookie Cutter – it fits the shapes perfectly. To make these lovely cookies please click HERE for our HOW-TO Recipes section and watch your cookie garden grow!
A slice of heaven can be found at Queen of Tarts Cakes! We couldn’t be more fond of The Queen of Tarts Cakes’ delightful and unique cookie and cake designs. Fresh off the press (or out of the oven!) are these gorgeous Vintage Botanical Flower Print Cookies. Honestly – I don’t think a cookie can get any more lovely than this – and delicious as well. Queen of Tarts Cakes offers several choices of cookies, including Gingerbread, Tahitian Vanilla and Valrona Chocolate with over 10 icing flavors. They gift box their orders with gross grain ribbon, coordinating tissue paper and a personalized note. A stunning gift for any lucky recipient – including all those moms out there. Don’t forget – Mother’s Day is May 9th!
If that wasn’t enough – be on the lookout for the Fancy Flours 2010 Catalogs – available this fall/winter, which will feature cookies decorated by Queen of Tarts Cakes. Queen of Tarts also decorated a fabulous display of dog shaped cookies for us at the beginning of the year. View those photos HERE. Order Fancy Flours cookie cutters in several unique dog shapes HERE.
With Mother’s Day right around the corner, flowers blooming and birds singing, these cupcakes fit right in! New at fancyflours.com are fabulous Barley Candy Birds. These dainty bird candies are handmade from vintage molds and offer incredibly intricate detail. Several other shapes are also available and make perfect toppers for a batch of heavenly cupcakes.
What’s more…our cupcake and muffin cup selection has expanded to include over 200 unique colors, sizes and patterns of cups perfect for any celebration! Shown are:
Want to WOW your guests – bake a simple batch of cupcakes in one of our fabulous muffin cups, frost, sprinkle and add one of our new Barley Candies as a stunning topper and voila! You are well on your way to “hostess of the year!”