The traditional Matryoshka Nesting Dolls are dressed up for the holidays with our NEW Merry Matryoshka Nesting Dolls Wafer Paper! The holiday wafer paper doll set includes 4 different holiday dolls in the likeness of Santa, the nutcracker and a snowman. Each different image comes in 3 doll sizes: 4.25″ H, 3.25″ H and 2.25″ H. 24 total images are included in this package, enough to make 2 sets of each unique image. Find out how to make these unique holiday cookies below!
You will need:
- Merry Matryoshka Nesting Dolls Wafer Paper
– Matryoshka Nesting Dolls Cookie Cutter Set
– No Fail Sugar Cookie Recipe
– 1 bag royal icing
– Squeeze Bottles
– Edible Clear Writing Gel
– Wax or parchment paper
– Small craft scissors
1. Carefully cut out each wafer paper shape using craft scissors. Wafer paper is fragile! Set aside.
2. Use No Fail Sugar Cookie recipe and cut out several Matryoshka Doll cookie shapes. Bake and cool as directed.
3. Prepare royal icing, following directions on bag. Your consistency should be that of heavy cream. Fill squeeze bottles with icing..
4. Ice each cookie with 1 layer of white royal icing. Let completely dry.
5. Adhere each wafer paper cut-out to a cookie shape by smoothing on a thin layer of edible clear writing gel with your finger to the top of the iced cookies.
6. Flip each cookie face down on a piece of wax paper to dry for about 30 minutes (this will keep the wafer paper shape flat).
7. Flip cookies over after 30 minutes and store in an airtight container.