I don’t think cupcakes can get any cuter than with these adorable wooden bees playing their musical instruments! This set of handpainted wooden bee figures comes with 6 assorted designs and is now available at fancyflours.com. Paired with an array of colored Pisa style muffin cups and a dollop of brightly hued frosting these cupcakes are sure to be a favorite. In order to achieve the look:
1. Bake and cool cupcakes as directed. Use your favorite recipe or try out a new one!
2. You may either bake cupcakes in white muffin cups and then place into the Pisa muffin cups or bake in the Pisa muffin cups to begin with. Sometimes putting them in a double cup lets the color of the design show a bit more.
3. Use your favorite recipe for frosting and dye four or five different bright colors. Gel food colors work best to achieve bright, true colors. Using a pastry big fit with a large writing tip, carefully pipe a giant circle dollop of frosting onto each cupcake, varying the colors. A large zip-lock bag with a hole cut in the corner will also work to get a similar effect.
4. Top with sprinkles or quins if you like. When it is time for your cupcakes to be served, affix wooden bees into frosting – pushing into frosting if necessary to hold.
5. Store in an airtight container.