Feast your eyes on these new wafer paper beauties! Our Butterflies and Botanicals Wafer Paper collection is in stock, featuring poppy and butterfly designs, and pairs up nicely with a couple fabulous new candy box patterns, Poppy Design and Butterflies Design. Create a stunning presentation with wafer paper cookies (we used the crinkle square cookie cutter) packaged in these colorful boxes. Wafer Paper is simple to use…Follow the steps below for a baking masterpiece!
• Use No Fail Sugar Cookie recipe and cut out several crinkle square cookie shapes. Bake and cool as directed.
• Ice each cookie with 1 layer of royal icing or buttercream, if you prefer. Let completely dry.
• Carefully cut out wafer paper butterflies using craft scissors, making sure each one will fit on the cookie. Be careful, wafer paper is fragile!
• Spread a thin layer of edible clear gel onto the wafer paper butterfly and slightly fold in the center, so the wings are bent up. Place each butterfly in a section of the egg carton so that the wings will dry standing up.
• Add shimmer to the butterflies by dusting with a small amount of Gold Luster Dust or White Edible Glitter. Let butterflies completely dry in egg carton.
• Adhere butterflies to cookies by using a dab of edible clear gel on the underside of the body of the butterfly and attaching to cookie. Hold in place for a minute before drying on its own. Let dry completely.
• Add additional decorations, such as Black Sugar Pearls, to complete the cookie design.
• Let completely dry and store in an airtight container.
Is it possible to purchase just the poppy wafers?
Hi Patti – We are sorry, but unfortunately you can not since they are only sold as sets.
We do however have the matching Poppy Candy Boxes on sale for $1 right now.
These are beautiful! How long ahead of timne can I attach the butterflies to a fondat cake? I am making my son’s wedding cake and want to attach them the day before the ceremony.
Hi Donna –
I am so sorry that I didn’t notice your message sooner. We have been crazy busy around here so I apologize. You can attach them the day before and they will be just fine. Make sure to store the cake in a dry place though or the wafer paper will not hold its shape as well.