Chinese New Year is coming up on 2/10 – Get ready to celebrate with a BANG! Here are some of our new & featured Chinese New Year items! SHOP ALL CHINESE NEW YEAR
How To Make Chinese New Year Zodiac Cookies:
– Year of the Snake Wafer Paper (FIG.1) or
– No Fail Sugar Cookie Recipe
– 1 bag royal icing
– Square Cutter (FIG.1) or Oval Cutters (FIG.2)
– Edible Clear Writing Gel
– Wax or parchment paper
– Small craft scissors
1. Use No Fail Sugar Cookie recipe and cut out several cookie shapes. Bake and cool as directed.
2. Ice each cookie with 1 layer of royal icing. Let completely dry.
3. Carefully cut out wafer paper using craft scissors, making sure each will fit on the cookie. Be careful, wafer paper is fragile!
4. Adhere each wafer paper cut out to a cookie shape by adhering a thin layer of edible clear writing gel to the top of the iced cookies.
5. Flip each cookie face down on a piece of wax paper to dry for about 30 minutes (this will keep the wafer paper shape flat).
6. Flip cookies over and add additional decoration, such as edible pearls, glitter, or dragees with the edible clear writing gel.
7. Let completely dry and store in an airtight container.