Oh my, this cake is so refreshing and delicious! Celebrate Summer’s arrival with fresh strawberry cake topped with strawberry cream cheese frosting. Pureed fresh berries and strawberry extract combine for a lively flavor that is not in the least artificial. Quick, easy, delicious and made from just a few simple ingredients, this strawberry cake recipe is a keeper! Made with our NEW versatile Pure Strawberry Extract. Yum!
– 1 cup butter
– 1 3/4 cup sugar
– 5 egg whites
– 2 teaspoon strawberry extract
– 2 cups pureed fresh strawberries
– 1/2 cup sour cream
– 3 cups cake flour
– 1 tablespoon baking powder
– 1 teaspoon baking soda
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting:
– 1/4 cup butter-softened
– 1 8oz package cream cheese-softened
– 1/4 cup pureed fresh strawberries
– 1/2 teaspoon strawberry extract
– 6 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour three 9″ cake pans.
2. In a large mixing bowl,beat sugar and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add strawberry extract,pureed strawberries,and sour cream. Beat until combined.
3. In a medium mixing bowl,sift together flour,baking powder, soda,and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture,beating until combined.
4. Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into batter.
5. Pour batter evenly into prepared pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes then turn out onto wire racks. Cool completely.
In a large bowl,beat butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add pureed strawberries and strawberry extract beating until combined. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Frost cake. Garnish with fresh sliced strawberries if desired.
Recipe courtesy of www.olivenation.com.