Halloween is just around the corner (EEK!) and we have been sooo busy wrapping up our Holiday Catalogs that we haven’t had much time to blog about Halloween treats 😦 , sooo the rest of this week and next we will be posting easy last minute Halloween treat ideas for you! Stay tuned!
Today’s Halloween treats are Easy Ghostie Cupcakes that are too cute for words and did we mention EASY to make!
All you will need is:
– Sugar Eye decorations, can also use mini chocolate chips as eyes
– White or Black Muffin Cups
– Pastry bag fitted with large round tip
– Favorite Cupcake Recipe, Devil’s Food Cupcakes Recipe below
– Favorite Icing Recipe, Marshmallow Frosting Recipe below
1. Bake cupcakes according to instructions in plain white muffin cups. Let cool.
2. While cupcakes are cooling, prepare the frosting.
3. Carefully pipe frosting onto each cupcake. Pipe one large circle on each muffin cup and then do the second and finally the third – with a small twirl at the top.
4. Before icing sets, affix one set of eyes to each cupcake.
5. Arrange on cake plate and serve. Store in an airtight container.
Marshmallow Frosting Recipe – from http://let-them-eat-cake-and-icecream.blogspot.com
– 8 egg whites
– 2 cups sugar
– 1 tsp cream of tartar
– 1 tbsp vanilla extract
1. Over a pot of about 2″ of barely simmering water, place your mixer bowl. Add egg whites, cream of tartar and sugar. Whisk gently until egg whites are warm and the sugar is completely dissolved. A good trick to test this is to rub a little of the egg whites between your fingers. If you feel sugar grains, keep whisking.
2. Move the bowl of egg whites to your mixer. Using the whisk attachment, mix on medium high speed until mixture is stiff and glossy, usually about 8 minutes. You will know it’s done when you take a spoonful and hold it upside down and it doesn’t move.
Here are some other fun Ghost Cupcake How-To’s:
Mini Marshmallow Ghost Cupcake Toppers from www.Martha Stewart.com!
You will need a miniature marshmallow, 2 regular marshmallows, and 2 chocolate sprinkles. Twist top of miniature marshmallow into a point by rolling it between your thumb and index finger. Trim all 3 marshmallows, and stick together. Twist top 2 slightly to shape. With a toothpick, poke holes, and insert sprinkle eyes.
Cool Whip Ghosties from http://mopsmoments.blogspot.com
Easy to make ghostie cupcakes that you can make with your kids!