Host a whimsical baby shower with sweet Baby Blue Bird Partyware and a fresh Coconut Cake! The super cute blue and pink bird graphics work for both baby boys and girls! Everything you need for the perfect baby shower. Take the stress away and keep co-ordinated with this playfully cute range. Co-ordinates well with pink or blue themes.
Decorate your baby shower in style with this beautiful hanging garland featuring pretty cut out bows, clouds and birds. Each garland measures 3 metres long.
For more Baby Shower items & ideas click here!
Finish off your Baby Shower planning with the perfect cake! We have a great new cake recipe made with our new Coconut Extract that is super fresh and delicious.
Recipe courtesy of http://www.olivenation.com
Bake Time: 45 minutes, plus cooling and frosting
– 1 tablespoon cake flour
– 2 1/4 cups sifted cake flour
– 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 2/3 cups sugar
– 1/3 cup butter, softened
– 2 large eggs
– 1 (14-ounce) can light coconut milk
– 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
– 1 teaspoon coconut extract
– 2/3 cup flaked sweetened coconut, divided
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Grease and flour 2 (9-inch) round cake pans with cooking spray to prevent sticking.
3. Combine 2 1/4 cups flour, baking powder, and salt, stirring with a whisk. Place sugar and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (for about 5 minutes). Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Add flour mixture and milk alternately to sugar mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Stir in vanilla. and coconut extracts.
4. Pour batter into prepared pans. Sharply tap the pans once on countertop to remove air bubbles. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes on wire racks, and remove from pans. Cool completely on wire racks.
5. Place 1 cake layer on a plate; spread with 1 cup frosting. Sprinkle with 1/3 cup coconut. Top with remaining cake layer; spread remaining frosting over top and sides of cake. Sprinkle 1/3 cup coconut over top of cake. Store cake loosely covered in refrigerator.
– 1/2 cup butter, softened
– 4 cups powdered sugar
– 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
– 1/2 – 1 tsp coconut extract
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Using an electric mixer, whip ingredients together until smooth and fluffy.