Here are some yummy chocolate cake recipes that feature our extracts and cake pans! Perfect for last a minute Valentine’s Day idea!
Chocolate Cherry Bundt Cake
– 2 cups plus 2 tbsp. flour
– 1 1/2 cups sugar
– 1 1/2 tsp. soda
– 3/4 tsp. baking powder
– 3/4 tsp. salt
– 1/2 cup butter or margarine
– 1 cup buttermilk
– 1/4 cup maraschino cherry juice or 1 tsp. cherry extract
– 2 eggs
– 2 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted
– 1/3 cup maraschino cherries, cut up
– 1/2 tsp. liquid red food coloring
1. Measure out flour in measuring cup by spooning lightly into cup, not sifting; pour into large mixing bowl. Add sugar, soda, baking powder, and salt to flour; stir well to blend. Add butter and buttermilk. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed.
2. Add cherry juice or cherry extract, eggs, and chocolate. Beat 2 minutes more. Stir in cherries and food coloring.
3. Bake in greased and floured Bundt or mini Bundt pan at 375 degrees for 30-35 minutes or until cake tests done. Cool in pan 10-15 minutes; invert on wire rack or serving plate to complete cooling.
Recipe from The Original Bundt Recipe Collection book by Nordic Ware.
Chocolate Sour Cream Bundt Cake
– 1 cup unsalted butter, plus more for the pan
– 1/3 cup cocoa powder (We Suggest Valhrona Cocoa)
– 1 teaspoon kosher salt
– 1 cup water
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 3/4 cups granulated sugar
– 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
– 2 large eggs
– 1/2 cup sour cream
– 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the chocolate glaze:
– 4 ounces bittersweet or dark chocolate, chopped
– 1/2 cup heavy cream
– 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
• Add a teaspoon of World Class Chocolate extract for an extra punch of flavor. (See our recipe on How to use Chocolate Extract for more information on adding chocolate extract to your favorite recipes.)
1. Position a rack in the center of the oven and heat to 350 degrees F. Butter and flour a 10 or 12-cup Bundt pan and set aside.
2. In a small saucepan, combine the butter, cocoa powder, salt, and water and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring, just until melted and combined. Remove from the heat and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, and baking soda. Add half of the melted butter mixture and whisk until completely blended. The mixture will be thick. Add the remaining butter mixture and whisk until combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking until completely blended. Whisk in the sour cream and the vanilla extract. Add Chocolate Extract — optional) Whisk until smooth.
4. Scrape the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Let the cake cool in the pan for 15 minutes and then invert onto a rack. Let cool completely before glazing.
5. While the cake is cooling, make the chocolate glaze. Combine the heavy cream and sugar in a small saucepan and put over medium heat. Stir until the cream is hot and the sugar is dissolved. Remove the pan from the heat.
6. Add the chopped chocolate to the hot cream and whisk until smooth. Let it cool down for 5 minutes until it thickens slightly.
7. Generously drizzle the glaze over the cooled cake, allowing it to drip down the sides. Cut into pieces and serve.
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.com