Spending more time at home during the coronavirus outbreak is giving us more time to bake! Take advantage of your free time to learn some new recipes that will brighten your day and taste delicious! Not only does the process of cooking and baking improve moods, the feeling of satisfaction gained when seeing the end product naturally enhances happiness.
Our specialty bakeware makes baking cakes easier than ever!
Gluten Free Blackberry Yogurt Bundt Cake
Add this gluten free Bundt cake recipe to your spring and summer dessert list! Sweet combination of citrus, yogurt, and blackberries makes this an exceptional light and moist cake made in our Blossom Bundt® Pan and completely gluten free!
Photo & recipe thanks to Nordicware.com!
- 2 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
- 1 1/2 cups gluten free all-purpose flour*
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 3/4 cups yogurt
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 1/2- 2 cups blackberries (cut in half if large)
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- 4-5 crushed blackberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Melt butter and set aside to cool before prepping pan.
- Combine gluten free flour, baking powder, and salt in bowl and set aside. Using a mixer with a paddle attachment, cream together sugar and butter until fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in lemon zest and vanilla. Combine yogurt and milk in a medium bowl. Slowly add half of flour and yogurt-milk to sugar-butter mixture. Then add the other half of flour. Mix well and scrape sides of bowl. Fold in blackberries.
- To prepare pan, brush cooled butter to lightly coat the details of the pan and evenly dust with gluten free flour (avoid forming clumps if possible). Pour batter into prepared pan and tap gently on counter to remove air bubbles. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before unmolding. Cool cake completely before serving.
- After cake has cooled, combine all glaze ingredients in bowl to the desired consistency and pour onto cake.
*Gluten Free Flour: We recommend using Bob’s Red Mill Baking 1:1 Flour, Cup 4 Cup Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour (not whole grain), or King Arthur Flour’s Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour
Strawberry Lemon Bundt Cake
Recipe thanks to consumerqueen.com!
- 1 c. butter salted, softened
- 2 c. sugar
- 3 eggs large
- 3 tbsp lemon juice divided
- 1 tbsp lemon zest, approximately 1 lemon
- 2 1/2 c. flour divided
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup 7Up soda
- 12 oz. strawberries diced, fresh
- 3/4 c. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 and grease a 10-inch bundt pan. Set aside.
- Sift together 2 1/4 c. of flour and baking soda. Mix in the zest of 1 lemon and set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until fluffy. Beat in the eggs 1 at a time then add the lemon juice. Alternate adding the flour mixture and 7Up, mixing just until incorporated.
- Toss the strawberries with 1/4 c. of flour and gently mix into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the bundt pant and place in the oven. Reduce temperature to 325 and bake for 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes in the pan then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Whisk together 1 3/4 tablespoons of lemon juice with the powdered sugar and drizzle over the cake.
Mini Angel Food Cakes
Simple mini angel food cakes that are light and naturally low fat make a delicious dessert option using our Angel Cakes Mini Angel Food Pan. Add a simple glaze and top with fresh zest, fruit, or sprinkles- heavenly!
Photo & recipe thanks to Nordicware.com!
- 5 eggs whites
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Separate eggs and let egg whites sit out at room temperature for 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350°F. Do not grease pan. Make sure bowl and utensils are clean and free of grease.
- Sift together flour and powdered sugar and set aside. In mixing bowl with whisk attachment, whip egg whites at medium speed until frothy. Slowly add sugar, cream of tartar, and vanilla. Increase speed slightly and whisk until soft peaks form. Fold in flour-sugar mixture. Pour batter into Mini Angel Food Pan. Drag knife through batter to remove air bubbles. Bake for 18-22 minutes. Cake is done when it bounces back after a light touch. Run a long skewer or plastic spatula along the edge of the cakes to release from pan. Invert cakes onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Garnish with desired toppings such as a simple glaze, fruit or zest.
Lemon Honey Lavender Floral Loaf
Our Wildflower Loaf Pan features a vibrant array of ferns and flowers with an updated style including a flowing scroll shape and intricate floral top design. Photo & recipe thanks to Nordicware.com!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dried lavender flowers
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp lemon extract
- 1/2 cup milk
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prepare Wildflower Loaf Pan with baking spray containing flour and use a pastry brush to evenly coat the all the details of the pan. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and lavender in a bowl and set aside. Using a mixer, cream butter and sugar on medium speed. Add honey and blend until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition. Mix in lemon extract. Reduce mixer to a medium-low speed and add half of dry mixture and half of milk. When combined, mix in the remaining flour mixture and milk until fully incorporated. Pour batter into prepared pan, filling only ¾ full. Gently tap on a counter top to remove air bubbles. Bake for 40-50 minutes or until toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean. Cool cake in the pan for 10 minutes before inverting onto a cooling rack.
Butter Shortcakes with Fruit
What fun to serve a delightful fruit shortcake dessert using our bestselling Shortcake Baskets Pan– the shortcakes look like little baskets! Everyone will be impressed with your delicious dessert.
Photo & recipe thanks to Nordicware.com!
- 1 cup flour
- 2/ 3 cup sugar
- 1 1/ 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/ 4 teaspoon salt
- 1/ 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/ 3 cup butter, softened
- 1/ 2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- fresh berries and cream
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Generously grease and flour shortcake pan. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except berries and whipped cream. . Blend at low speed until moistened; then beat 2 minutes on medium speed, scraping bowl often. Pour batter into pan and bake for 18-20 minutes. Let cool 10 minutes in pan; invert onto cooling rack and cool completely. Serve with fresh berries and whipped cream.
Blood Orange Loaf Cake
Create elegant quick breads and cakes with this stunning Jubilee Loaf Pan. Diamond pattern easily captures glazes for eye catching results. Photo & recipe thanks to Nordicware.com!
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1⁄4 cups fine white sugar
- zest of 2 blood oranges
- 2⁄3 cup olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup yogurt
- 11⁄2 tbsp blood orange juice
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup almond flour
- 1⁄3 cup fine semolina
- 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- 1⁄3 cup blood orange juice
- 1⁄3 cup fine white sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp blood orange juice
- 1 1⁄2 tbsp chopped almonds
- 1⁄3 of a blood orange, halved and segmented
Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare loaf pan using baking spray containing flour and use a pastry brush to thoroughly coat the details of the pan. Preparing with butter and flour works as well. Using a mixer, whisk together the eggs, sugar, and blood orange zest for about 3 minutes on medium-high speed. Add the olive oil, yogurt, and blood orange juice. In a separate bowl, combine the remaining dry ingredients. Slowly add the flour mixture just until evenly combined. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan, filling only 3⁄4 full, and gently tap on counter top to remove any air bubbles. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center of the loaf comes out clean. Cool loaf in pan for 10 minutes before inverting onto a cooling rack.
While cake is cooling, prepare the soaking syrup. Bring blood orange juice and sugar to a simmer in a small saucepan, until sugar has dissolved. Brush syrup on warm loaf cake, allowing it to soak through. Set aside to cool completely.
For glaze, combine powdered sugar and blood orange juice. When loaf is ready to serve, pour glaze on top and garnish with chopped almonds and blood orange halves.
Strawberry Jam Swiss Roll
Using our Bestselling Jelly Roll Kit! Contains everything you need to create impressive roll cakes and roulades at home! Recipe re-printed from www.cookingchanneltv.com!
- 4 eggs
- 4 1/2 ounces caster sugar (superfine), plus 3 tablespoons for sprinkling or use icing sugar (confectioners’), for dusting
- 2 tablespoons warm water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 1/2 ounces all-purpose flour
- Jelly Roll Kit
For the filling:
- 6 tablespoons raspberry or strawberry jam – 8 ounces heavy cream, whipped
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Line the base of a 10 by 15-inches Swiss roll or jelly roll pan with greaseproof or parchment paper. Brush the base and sides of the pan with melted butter, and dust with flour.
3. In a large bowl or in an electric food mixer, whisk the eggs, and sugar together, until light and fluffy, and then add the water, and vanilla extract.
4. Sift in the flour, about a third at a time, and using a large metal spoon, fold it into the egg mixture.
5. Pour the mixture gently into the prepared pan, and bake in the oven until the center of the cake is slightly springy and the edges have shrunk a little from the sides of the tin, about 12 to 15 minutes.
6. Spread out a piece of parchment paper (slightly larger than the tin in size) on a work surface and sprinkle evenly with caster sugar (this stops the roll from sticking to the paper). Turn or invert the pan onto the sugared parchment paper, and then carefully remove the tin and parchment paper from the bottom of the cake.
7. Place a slightly damp, clean tea or kitchen towel over the cake while it cools- this will prevent it from drying out and cracking when you roll it.
8. When the cake is cool, spread the jam sparingly over the cake, leaving a 1-inch border. Repeat with the whipped cream. With the longest side facing you, roll up the Swiss roll away from you, then transfer to a plate to serve. Sprinkle the cake with caster sugar or dust with icing sugar to finish.
Fresh Strawberry Cake Recipe
One of our most popular recipes using our bestselling Strawberry Extract! Recipe thanks to http://www.olivenation.com
- 1 cup butter
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 5 egg whites
- 2 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 2 cups pureed fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Strawberry Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 1/4 cup butter-softened
- 1 8oz package cream cheese-softened
- 1/4 cup pureed fresh strawberries
- 1/2 teaspoon strawberry extract
- 6 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour three 9″ cake pans.
- In a large mixing bowl,beat sugar and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add strawberry extract,pureed strawberries,and sour cream. Beat until combined.
- In a medium mixing bowl,sift together flour,baking powder, soda,and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture,beating until combined.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into batter.
- Pour batter evenly into prepared pans. Bake for 30-35 minutes or until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pans for 10 minutes then turn out onto wire racks. Cool completely.
In a large bowl,beat butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer at medium speed until smooth. Add pureed strawberries and strawberry extract beating until combined. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Frost cake. Garnish with fresh sliced strawberries if desired.
Naked Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake
Save yourself the trouble of slicing your cakes to make a trendy tall, multi-layer loaf cake with our handy dandy Easy Layers Cake Pan Kit!
Recipe & photo thanks to Wilton!
- 2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1½ cups strawberries, pureed and strained
- 1¾ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1¼ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, softened
- 1¼ cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Easy Layers Cake Pan Kit – 6″
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 1½ cups strawberries, sliced + additional for garnish
1. For whipped cream, sprinkle unflavored gelatin over cold water. Let
stand until softened, about 2-3 minutes. Heat in microwave 10-15
seconds; stir until dissolved and liquid; repeat if needed. In large bowl,
whip cream and confectioners’ sugar to soft peaks. Add dissolved
gelatin and strawberry puree; whip until well combined. Refrigerate 2-3
hours, or until gelatin has set and cream is spreadable.
2. Preheat oven to 325°F. Prepare pans with vegetable pan spray.
In large bowl, stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking
soda and salt. In large bowl, beat butter and sugar with electric mixer
until light and fluy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each.
Add vanilla; mix well. Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk,
beating until just combined. Divide evenly into prepared pans.
3. Bake 18-21 minutes, rotating pans half way between baking. Cakes are
done when toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes
on cooling grid; remove from pans and cool completely.
4. For ganache, heat cream until steaming. Add chocolate and let sit until
softened. Stir until combined. Cool to room temperature.
5. To assemble, cut the crowns o of each cake layer. Place first layer on
cake board or serving plate. Spread a thin layer of ganache to edges of
cake. Cover with a thicker layer of strawberry whipped cream. Add a
single layer of sliced strawberries, pressing gently into whipped cream.
Repeat with remaining cake layers. Garnish top with additional whole
Makes about 8 servings.