Everyone loves the Super Bowl! Whether you are actually in it for the football, or just there for the smorgasbord of tasty treats and the fun commercials, it is a great excuse to throw a party! I could sit and watch football all day as long as there were tasty treats involved! With that being said, the Super Bowl is only a few weeks away so it is time to start planning the menu!
Quadruple Chocolate Chip Brownie Cookies…need I say more?! If you are craving chocolate these cookies will do the trick! Just say goodbye to your skinny jeans. This recipe is from Lipstick Blogger.
WHAT YOU NEED:
– 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temp.
– 2 cups all purpose flour
– 2/3 cup Dutch-Processed cocoa powder, Holy Chocolate Red Dutched, Holy Chocolate The Natural, Holy Chocolate Dark Dutched
– 1 tsp. baking soda
– 1/2 tsp. baking powder
– 1 tsp. salt
– 1 pound semi-sweet chocolate chips
– 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
– 4 large eggs
– 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
– 1 1/3 cups white chocolate morsels
– 2/3 cup milk chocolate (or semi-sweet) morsels
1. Pre-heat your oven to 350°F.
2. In a double-boiler, melt the pound of semi-sweet chocolate. Set it aside to cool, stirring occasionally.
3. Sift together the flour, baking soda, cocoa and salt in a large bowl and set aside.
4. In your mixer, using the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition and add the vanilla extract. Add the cooled chocolate to the mixture and blend. Be sure to scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl to ensure the mixture is uniform.
5. Add half the flour mixture and combine on low speed, then add the remaining flour and mix until the batter comes together.
6. Now add the chocolate morsels. If you like nuts in your cookies, you would add them here.
7. Line a baking sheet with parchment, or silicone baking sheets, and drop spoonfuls of the cookie batter onto the sheet.
8. Bake the cookies for approximately 7-9 minutes until puffy. Be careful not to over bake these. (Think of baking them like a brownie. If they dont’ seem done when you initially take them out of the oven, give them time to set, this is how they should look. They will be moist and delicious.) Allow the cookies to cool and firm up on the baking sheet for a few minutes before attempting to move them to a wire rack.