• Use No Fail Sugar Cookie recipe and cut out several crinkle square cookie shapes. Bake and cool as directed.
• Ice each cookie with 1 layer of royal icing or buttercream, if you prefer. Let completely dry.
• Carefully cut out wafer paper butterflies using craft scissors, making sure each one will fit on the cookie. Be careful, wafer paper is fragile!
• Spread a thin layer of edible clear gel onto the wafer paper butterfly and slightly fold in the center, so the wings are bent up. Place each butterfly in a section of the egg carton so that the wings will dry standing up.
• Add shimmer to the butterflies by dusting with a small amount of Gold Luster Dust or White Edible Glitter. Let butterflies completely dry in egg carton.
• Adhere butterflies to cookies by using a dab of edible clear gel on the underside of the body of the butterfly and attaching to cookie. Hold in place for a minute before drying on its own. Let dry completely.
• Add additional decorations, such as Black Sugar Pearls, to complete the cookie design.
• Let completely dry and store in an airtight container.
Okay all of you wafer paper aficionados – now is your chance to save big on the entire wafer paper collection at Fancy Flours. Yep! That’s right – save 25% on any wafer paper designs (including this beautiful new bird & butterfly pattern) today through this Sunday (6/27)! No need to worry about a coupon code – the discount is automatically applied at checkout!
This is all part of our new “Weekly Special” sales…every week we will feature a product and offer a corresponding 4-5 day sale. Just be sure to subscribe to our weekly emails HERE to be in the know about these special offers!
Visit our HOW-TO GUIDES for step by step instructions on creating the lovely dessert masterpieces featured above.
Loving our spring butterflies? Check out our HOW-TO recipe pages for a complete overview. View our entire collection of butterfly wafer paper HERE. Don’t be caught without our amazing NO FAIL SUGAR COOKIE RECIPE – this is one recipe you will use time and time again!
‘Tis the season for a batch of colorfully decorated butterfly cookies. With their wings “aflutter” and brilliant hues these sugar cookies won’t last long. With a few simple decorating items, your cookies will soon be ready to take flight. Perfect for Mom’s day (which is May 10th) and for spring gatherings and parties.