Independence Day is coming right up! Here is a how-to for making Vintage Independence Day Cookies with edible wafer paper images!
You Will Need:
– Patriotic Tiny Postcards Wafer Paper Set
– No Fail Sugar Cookie Recipe
– 1 bag royal icing
– 3″ x 2″Rectangle Cookie Cutter
– Edible Clear Writing Gel
– Wax or parchment paper
– White Edible Glitter
– Small craft scissors
– Squeeze Bottles
1. Use No Fail Sugar Cookie recipe and cut out several rectangle cookie shapes. Bake and cool as directed.
2. Ice each cookie with 1 layer of royal icing. Let completely dry.
3. Carefully cut out wafer paper shapes using craft scissors, making sure each one will fit on the cookie. Be careful, wafer paper is fragile!
4. Adhere each wafer paper cut out to a cookie shape by adhering a thin layer of edible clear writing gel (or light corn syrup) to the top of the iced cookies.
5. Flip each cookie face down on a piece of wax paper to dry for about 30 minutes (this will keep the wafer paper shape flat).
6. Flip cookies over and add additional decoration, such as edible glitter or dragees with the edible clear writing gel.
7. Let completely dry and store in an airtight container.
It’s hard to believe July 4th weekend is only a couple weeks away! We are gearing up for this red, white and blue filled holiday and celebrating our country with these great baking and decorating ideas.
Uncle Sam Cake Pops with Patriotic Hat Picks
We love this great idea from Bakery Craft. We think Uncle Sam would smile at these unique treats perfect for Independence Day! We just received these
in stock…and are great for cake pop or cupcake toppers. Are you yet to be hooked on the Cake Pop craze? Jump on board and check out some of our new Cake Pop baking and decorating items Puffy Patriotic Hat Cupcake Decorations HERE.
Mini Patriotic Postcards Wafer Paper
Add a hint of vintage to your July 4th Bbq with a lovely batch of Vintage Patriotic Wafer Paper Postcard Cookies! These little morsels couldn’t be more charming. We created these stunning cookies using our
and 1.5″ x 3″ rectangle cookie cutter . Don’t forget the Tiny Patriotic Wafer Paper Postcards Set or edible glitter for a great effect! Learn how to create these baking beauties disco dust When you are all done baking, package up your treats in fancy favor boxes ( HERE. ) for all of your Independence Day guests! Americana Treat Boxes
Americana Treat Boxes
Posted in All Things Baking, Cookie Recipes & Ideas, Cupcake Recipes & Ideas, Summer Fun Baking |
Tagged fancy flours cookie decorating, independence day cookies, july fourth baking, star cookies, treat boxes, uncle sam cake pops, vintage wafer paper, wafer paper |