These unique tombstone cookies are a quick and easy way to put the spooky spirit in your next Halloween party! Simply just bake tombstone sugar cookies with our 3″ tinplate tombstone cookie cutter and add our one of a kind edible tombstone cookie wafer paper images! Your guests will be dying for more!
You will need:
– Halloween Tombstone Wafer Paper
– Royal Icing Mix
– Edible Clear Gel or light corn syrup
– Tombstone Cookie Cutter
– Squeeze Bottles
– Parchment Paper
– Sugar Cookie Recipe, we recommend our No Fail Sugar Cookie Recipe
– Small craft scissors
1. Prepare Sugar Cookie dough according to instructions. Cut out several tombstone shapes. Bake on parchment paper and let cool.
2. While cookies are cooling, prepare your royal icing. Add water, a teaspoon at a time, until a consistency between heavy cream and ketchup is reached. Divide into two or three bowls and dye the desired color(s) or keep white. Pour icing into squeeze bottles.
3. Carefully frost base layer of icing with squeeze bottle onto cookies and let dry completely, about 3-5 hours or overnight.
4. Prepare Halloween Tombstone Wafer Paper shapes by carefully cutting out with small craft scissors.
5. Spread out iced cookies on a large piece of wax or parchment paper.
6. Affix wafer paper shapes to cookie by spreading a thin layer of edible clear gel (or light corn syrup) on the back of the wafer paper piece with your finger. Stick to the top of one of your iced cookies and then flip right side down onto the wax paper and leave for approx. 30 minutes. This will ensure that the wafer paper will dry flat.
7. Flip cookies right side up and add additional dragees, sprinkles or quins, if desired.
8. Let set completely and store in an airtight container.