Is it already that time of the year? We are amazed with how fast the warm summer months are cruising by – but enjoying every second of and we hope you are too! We just got these fab new Back to School Wafer Paper patterns in and wanted to share with you! The patterns are truly too cute for words! The collection includes colorful wafer paper globe, composition book, dictionary pages, and Dick & Jane book pages. A great project to start the kids off on the right foot for their first day back at school – what child (or adult, for that matter) wouldn’t love seeing these in their lunch box?!
It’s hard to believe July 4th weekend is only a couple weeks away! We are gearing up for this red, white and blue filled holiday and celebrating our country with these great baking and decorating ideas.
Uncle Sam Cake Pops with Patriotic Hat Picks
We love this great idea from Bakery Craft. We think Uncle Sam would smile at these unique treats perfect for Independence Day! We just received these Puffy Patriotic Hat Cupcake Decorations in stock…and are great for cake pop or cupcake toppers. Are you yet to be hooked on the Cake Pop craze? Jump on board and check out some of our new Cake Pop baking and decorating items HERE.
Just a few more days are left in our Spring Sale! Use coupon code: spring25 to take advantage of 25% off select spring and Easter products. Please remember to use the coupon at checkout! The sale is going on now through Saturday. Stock up on cookie cutters, cupcake liners and boxes, mixes, royal icing decorations, chocolate transfer sheets and so much more – over 150 items on sale! Click HERE to browse all of our special Spring and Easter sale items. Discount is only reflected after entering coupon at checkout.
• Use No Fail Sugar Cookie recipe and cut out several crinkle square cookie shapes. Bake and cool as directed.
• Ice each cookie with 1 layer of royal icing or buttercream, if you prefer. Let completely dry.
• Carefully cut out wafer paper butterflies using craft scissors, making sure each one will fit on the cookie. Be careful, wafer paper is fragile!
• Spread a thin layer of edible clear gel onto the wafer paper butterfly and slightly fold in the center, so the wings are bent up. Place each butterfly in a section of the egg carton so that the wings will dry standing up.
• Add shimmer to the butterflies by dusting with a small amount of Gold Luster Dust or White Edible Glitter. Let butterflies completely dry in egg carton.
• Adhere butterflies to cookies by using a dab of edible clear gel on the underside of the body of the butterfly and attaching to cookie. Hold in place for a minute before drying on its own. Let dry completely.
• Add additional decorations, such as Black Sugar Pearls, to complete the cookie design.
• Let completely dry and store in an airtight container.
With a little luck of the Irish and some basic baking skills, these shimmering, shamrock-clad wafer paper cookies are a cinch! Take a look at some of our HOW-TO guides for tips and tricks for working with wafer paper. These little cookies are made with our Rectangle 3″ x 2″ Cookie Cutter, which fits these 1.5″ x 2.3″ designs perfectly. We added a little extra pizazz with a dusting of edible glitter (I mean, why not?!) and disco dust after the wafer paper dried. The best part is packaging for these adorable treats. New this year are the vintage St. Patrick’s Day boxes below that fit these small rectangular cookies like a dream. Boxes are sold in sets of 6 varying designs that measure about 3.25″ x 2.25″ x 1″ each. A great gift idea or table favor to go along with a shepherd’s pie and corned beef and cabbage dinner. Spread some green St. Patrick’s Day cheer with homemade treats this year!